Friday, October 30, 2015

Family Photos. A Subject Near and Dear to my Heart. A Maine Photographer and Mom

I would like to propose a new tradition with the upcoming time change.  Take a family photo!  I would love to do this for you, but I know it's just not possible to photograph everyone, so, might I suggest a family selfie?  You know, time change for us here in New England occurs twice a year, and it is suggested that you change the batteries in your smoke detectors at time change to ensure this gets done on a regular basis.  I propose that you take a family photo at time change...because, time changes everything.

Two years ago one of my friends lost a son.  He was murdered.  There is no easy way to say that.  Those of us who live locally know this story, and it is why I have chosen to do these 15 minute family photo shoots that I do.  I donate my time and the cost of the photo shoot to the Matt Rairdon scholarship otherwise known as Westbrook Strong.

Six years ago I was hired to photograph Matt's family for a 50th wedding anniversary gift to his grandparents.  It was the very first family photo shoot I ever did.

 

I made some mistakes...and for awhile...as a professional...I couldn't look at these photos without seeing what I could have done differently.

 

Now I look at this photo for what it is.  A beautiful memory that will never be repeated.

Even as a professional...I no longer see mistakes.  I see love.

I encourage you to capture your family photos as often as you can, and if you are like many folks, your family may need a little encouragement.

I have chosen this Sunday, November 1st in the Riverton Trolley Park in Portland, to do some 15 minute family photo shoots.  It is "fall back" Sunday, and we benefit with the fall time change by being gifted with a whole extra hour of time.  I cannot think of a better way to spend some of this hour with family making a memory.  The cost is $50.  You will receive a jpeg file of your choice, perfect for Christmas card making and sharing as gifts.  You will have the opportunity to purchase photos at special pricing from this event.  I still have timeslots available for this Sunday morning, please contact me at minormomentsphotography@gmail.com to reserve a slot.

Why 15 minutes?  Because that is all we need, and besides, who can say no to giving 15 minutes of time up for a forever memory?

Also, for those of you with college kids or out of town family, I will do another morning of 15 minute family photo shoots on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Saturday November 28th, at my home.  If you would like to reserve a slot, please email me.  The following photos are samples from last year.  The snow photos were done after Thanksgiving :) Also, for those who would like to do a 15 minute photoshoot on Thanksgiving day, that can be arranged.  The fee is $100, and again, $100% goes to Matt's scholarship.







 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...