Friday, March 27, 2015

Enjoying Life. A Maine Photographer.

9 years ago this week I received that phone call no one wishes to receive.  The one that begins with "We received your biopsy results and yes you have cancer."

huh?

"Y O U    H A V E    C A N C E R"

huh?

ya, the huh is me.
but you told me not to worry? ... you told me 75% of these are nothing...
huh?

ya...then the very next sentence I hear goes something like this

You will need to choose a surgeon.  If you don't know one we can recommend one.  BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

it is totally true.  The rest is pretty fuzzy.

I do remember they told me it was considered stage zero, so it had been caught extremely early and therefore the prognosis was excellent.
I do remember being given a choice of a lumpectomy or a mastectomy.

Wait a minute!  If this was caught so early then why are my choices so drastic?

I would never live my life the same again.
I'm a little bit free-er :)
I'm a bit more positive :)
I'm definitely happier.

Oh, and the surgeon they recommended, his name was Dr Tom Brady.
Yes please.

I bought myself a gift this week to celebrate, and hung it above my mirror, so that I see it everyday.
Life is good.


I am happy to share my story...all of it...just let me know.  The real celebration date is May 17, that will be 9 years cancer free, so we have plenty of time to plan :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...